Tuesday, June 06, 2017

Youth Camp 2017: Ascendance Awaken

I blog because I don't want to forget. To not forget, I shall keep records. To keep records, I blog!!!

Can't believe how crazily 'passionate' I was about blogging in the past when blogging was in trend since 2006 (as far as I can remember and I was old enough to blog lol). I remember really keeping a notebook so I can write down the happenings of the day, accurate enough to blog. Such commitment. Which is.... so hard to be found in me now hahaha

Soooo Ascendance Awaken camp!!!!!! It ended this evening and I only joined in on the 2nd day because of our Vietnam trip. Now that I mention, I feel like blogging about the trip!!!! But ok, camp first.

Church camp day 2, 5 June 2017.
Managed to make it for the morning session led by Cynthia! As usual..... I was late. AHHH but joined in during worship. As usual, I always tear almost from the beginning to the ending whenever Cynthia preaches during church camp/zone meetings. Out of 5 times, 5 times this happens. I remember texting Kirene and she asked if I really love Cynthia, and I replied that I love how the Holy Spirit always shows up so strongly when she preaches. This time she preached on REAL.

In the valley:
Revival happens
Encounter happens
Awakening happens
Life Happens

How I love love love love people who are genuine and real. But in a good way of cos. I must say that even if you're real but you're REALly detestable real, hmm I don't love that :p

As usual, packet lunch for camps are.... not fantastic but just eat as much as possible. Hahaha I'm saying all these because the blogger jie in the past since 2007 would have blogged such lame details too. Played the games at the basketball court of New Charis mission and boy was the floor of the court burning hot!!!!! Really gave myself an excuse to not be super involved because of my 1-day-old manicure princess nails, and I am seriousssssssly never a games person, still I appreciate the effort of the ones who put them in place for campers to enjoy. I found my purpose at the camp when we cleaned and scrubbed the floor sprinkled with flour after Kirene and I timed-out ourselves from the last part of the games.

20170605KT_5993

20170605SCKW_9508

20170605SCKW_9510
Kirene already successfully got away with minimal damage, while Linda seems to have an invisible protection cloak whereby she wouldn't be getting any dramatic water poured over her

20170605KT_6150
Flour + water + heat aka sun = Freshly baked cake on our heads and shirts

20170605KT_6098
Actually Kirene, I can't believe that you actually wore shades looking cool playing a game that requires some intensive strength

20170605SCKW_0203

20170605SCKW_0201
"Oh how lovely does this feel"

One of the weird facts about me is how much I can't stand bathing in dirty toilets....! There's something about dirty toilets that creeps me out, which I know I have to learn to tahan even more especially if I do go for mission trips at places that lack of basic sanitation. Haiz.

Anyway, thank God and Kirene's aunt for allowing us to bathe (and chill) at her place hehehe. My dried up hair + flour was no joke... It's like..... dried seaweed + sand.. Dry and.. gross. But ok I'm the only one allowed to speak so badly of my hair ok. Pls save the heartache from hearing from anyone else except myself.

So Kirene and I actually napped on the sofa and overshot our supposed nap time because I set my alarm wrongly as 'AM' instead of 'PM'. Still, we managed to rush and cooked up a storm (uh huh) before rushing out and taking Grab back to New Charis Mission for the night session with Pastor Meng!

Ascendance camp 5-6 June 2017
Kpo-ing at Julia's primary 5 math homework!!! I do miss giving tuitions

Ascendance camp 5-6 June 2017



He's seriously so humorous almost all the time hahahaha. And of course, he moved in the Spirit. Got us to prophesy which is something that 90% of the time being man, we will have so many doubts whether it's God's thoughts or ours! But it pushes you to werrkkkk your inner man.

Joel also shared his testimony during session which is just really awesome to hear and see how God moves and works in his life :)

IMG_6853

20170605KT_6985

Here comes the night game of youth camps which lasted all the way to 3am. Again, I'm not a games person but the effort put into planning 'ESCAPE REALITY' was definitely not a game which can be easily thought of and executed in a short amount of time. It was like Escape Room but more touches and heat (it's so hot for a night!!). It's not perfect but still good!

20170605SCKW_7137

Ascendance camp 5-6 June 2017

20170605SCKW_7257

Ascendance camp 5-6 June 2017
Hahaha one of the game station was still occupied but we were so tired so we just sat on the floor right outside while waiting

Ascendance camp 5-6 June 2017
Mr Liang!! Your passion to serve the youths never fails to inspire me each time. You were never a person who likes being lack of sleep (who does right) but you always just go the extra mile all the time. You were a great house IC!!!! Ni hui lai le, and God is right there backing you up in your walk, church, ministry and school!!!

Late nights never fails to drain me... why did it take me only 21 years to realize???? Yes, I used to stay up till 5am since primary 5 playing Audition, having conference calls during secondary days talking about who-knows-what oh gosh. I COULD HAVE GROWN TALLER THAN HOW I AM NOW. #toolateforregrets

Back to blogging about camp.

There was some hiccups with the sleeping space... But anyway Kirene and I shared a bed in summary and thank God she's almost like a tree log who doesn't move much when she sleeps. However, well, we had this mini debate whereby she insisted I shouldn't open my sleeping bag because it was gonna be so 'messy' *perplexed emoticon* while I insisted otherwise. She ended up enjoying its company and fully utilising it the entire night.

Church camp day 3, 6 June 2017.
The next morning!!!!!! It's the only time I refused to wake up at camp. Hahahahahaha just refuse to open my eyes even when I heard many of the rest waking one another up. I'm a bad camper this year. My school of thoughts about church camps is that I really always THOROUGHLY enjoy sessions. But if I don't join in for the other activities in one way or another, it's just different.... I haven't volunteered to help out in camps other than muso since.. 2010? 2011? And last year 2016 helping out as team IC which brings me to the point of STILL NEEDING TO PLAY GAMES + MORE ENTHUSIASTICALLY. Hahahaha but God just plans in amusing ways. The more it is out of your comfort zone, the more you're gonna get it. (For instance, always being a camper)

It was my first time hearing Pastor Audrey preaching a full sermon and though the message was just a simple one, it was one that I cried buckets because of His tangible presence especially with... THOSE WORSHIP SONGS. The very first few songs that I remembered singing when I just became a Christian and really as a youth, youth

Who am I, that you would know me from the start, set me apart
Who am I, that you would place eternity into my heart
You have given to me more than this world could give
My purpose is found in you

One life, I lay at your altar
One love, I have with you
Touch me again,
fill me as you hold my outstretched hands
One word, you know I will follow
One heart, broken to you
Use me again, your mercies follow me,
for all my days

In your presence,
in your power,
Holy Spirit I surrender

I can't express how this song express my cries to Him in every stanza. There are so many old songs that I really love and pose so much more meaning to me.

2017060620170606YT_0830

I must say that the rest of the time when campers went for games after Pastor Audrey's session, I managed to catch a power nap instead. Never belittle how rest can give you that extra awakening for sessions and sermons, because when the sleepiness kicks in, you can't receive what God is speaking through the speaker !!!!!!!!!!! As much as it is really good to plan really fun and great games/activities for campers to be engaged in, friendships to be forged, but to me what's most vital is after breaking those 'heart barriers' of youths through fun activities, is for them to truly truly experience and encounter God during sessions. It IS what is going to be planted, rooted, growing in the depths of the heart.

I hope youth camps planners do come across my blog and read this and really plan for adequate sleep time for campers. !!! Or maybe is it because how I realized I truly cherish sufficient sleep and rest?? But yes, still.

IMG_6455

20170606SCKW_7853


IMG_6474
Thank you those who made the decorations so simple yet simple doesn't equate to the amount of effort put in. ★

And Qiankang, the LED lights were from you!!!! You were just about 11 year old when we were in W514 together, always finding ways to keep yourself entertained amongst us who were at least 4 years apart from you. Now you're standing strong in the Lord and going out to SERVE him and His youths. I don't get to speak much to you anymore but I'm equally inspired by you!

Ascendance camp 5-6 June 2017
Hehe Pastor Zhuang and Pastor Audrey, it's amazing how God puts power pack couples within our midst. Dear Pastor Zhuang, though you really don't know me (on personal terms) even after 10 years being in your zone.. HAHAHAHA but you'll always be my one and only direct pastor even after a decade and I'm glad to be placed this way. The fruits of your labour and what you've done for his Kingdom will always be so evident.

Ascendance camp 5-6 June 2017
My dear chaogeng camp buddy. HAHAHA but thank you for still attending camp together!!! So much love for you ee ee oh oh :-*

2017060620170606YT_0826
I'm so inspired by you Ki. Of how you decide to consecrate your life in your own way between you and Him. Always keep the fire going, above all doubts, just BELIEVE.

The last session was led by Kelvin, who was literally ON FIRE (his shirt slogan and also his preaching). Being on fire, demands a reaction. I would say one of the things that he preached that I know I will always have in mind is the illustration that he gave with the matchsticks.

20170606SCKW_8256

20170606SCKW_8275

Whenever you do those things to keep your spiritual fire going, your fire for Him continues burning (matchsticks added). However as you get complacent in your walk, the fire gets smaller (the gap between the matchsticks widens) until eventually it might even cease. How dangerous is that?????? It definitely rings a DANGER BELL in my most inner being. At the same time, I know how being and STAYING lukewarm is dangerous and definitely not impressive. Not to myself. Not to God for sure. Sure, we do have our valley moments, we don't feel like doing anything 'churchy' or God-ish related. We can attend services religiously, week in and out, but only God and ourselves know how our heart conditions are. I hate that lukewarm feeling. No one can fuel your fire for God. He doesn't force His ways into us. It starts with me, you, WO MEN ZI JI. I am speaking to myself.

20170606SCKW_8591

Jason was nice enough to drive us (Melvin, Wingkuan, Jingwen, Kirene, Andrew, Isaiah) for a short dinner together at some random Eunos coffeeshop after breaking camp. I can't say how much I like cellgroup members gathering together even when there's no clear objective of gathering together. Thank you Jason for driving us back! Omg I'm really so happy that I have fellow cellgroup members who stays at Yishun = company to travel back home together!!! Definitely a good choice being a part of E456 hahahaha (what a shallow reason)

Ascendance camp 5-6 June 2017
Dear Honghong, I LOVE seeing how you would MAN UP and loving and caring for people just as Jesus would. I so glad you allow God to lead you back to Him and how you choose to FOLLOW. Always remember Him, focus on the things that LAST. U r doing great, in His kingdom and your studies! Always proud of you!!!

Untitled
Never lose your goofiness which is so rare and well-liked. Above it, never lose your wonder and zeal for the Lord just as how you never did even after all these years when you have to see your peers losing theirs. You're a treasure in His Kingdom and His eyes always, Ang!

Ascendance camp 5-6 June 2017

Ascendance camp 5-6 June 2017
My now spiritual family members, thank you for being part of the camp together in your own ways ♡ #YouNeverWalkAlone

* * * * *

All in all, I would still say I love church camps. How God shows Himself exceptionally strong. How I can dwell in His presence and have encounters after encounters I hold onto dearly. But remembering to let it seep in.

At the same time, somehow in a way or another, I question myself why am I not involved in helping out and what's the purpose of just joining in? I am just receiving and not giving???

Then again, I am reminded what it is to be PRESENT. Does it make me any more desirable serving and helping out? Does it make me any less desirable just being a participant? If I have to answer any questions or doubts I pose to myself, I can only say I want more of Him. How do I make Him want me more? I don't think there's an answer to that. In what ways can He use me more? That is definitely one thing I can find out only if I yield, abide and fight to do more. I have loads of thoughts but insufficient justifications. But the last I want to feel is guilt, the bad one. Beyond any doubt I must be propelled to do more for His kingdom, but bad guilt should never be a contributing factor.

Step out, to step into His purpose for you and I.
I am speaking to myself.

Thank you lasting through the lengthy random blog post structure and thoughts that I have, whoever who is reading. Although honestly I am blogging for my record keeping.

Thank you photographers of the camp for all the beautiful amazing photos!!!! (the beautiful high quality ones are all their credits, of cozzzz)

Ascendance camp 5-6 June 2017