Sunday, February 12, 2017

Attractions

There are many, many, many times that I'd come across various individuals' social media platform or cross paths in a way or another with them and my heart just can't help but to feel that certain...... heartache for them? If you get what I mean.

Evelyn and I had this conversation about how different individuals attract specific "traits/nature" kind of people in their lives which might be due to.... idk.. different reasons (personality, behaviour, nature, lifestyle etc.). So yes, while we were at the topic, I do realise that are a certain 'type' of people that I draw into my life. Evelyn raised it up if it was just because I 'lead them on' subconsciously in a way they might misinterpret my intentions. Then again, it pointed out whether my interactions and friendship with them were actually out of sympathy.

Sympathy. It isn't exactly a well-liked, popular word that many would like others to use on them.

It really did dawned on me and I did do some pondering over this particular area.

Am I really just being sympathetic with this group of individuals whom I find a need for me to reach out and be a friend to them??

Honestly till this day, I find it.. a grey area. Sympathy, empathy, compassion?

What I DO know is that my heartstrings are pretty much subconsciously tugged whenever I meet such invidividuals. Some may find it 'bad' in some ways, but for me as a believer, I guess God really wires different people in different ways??? Not everyone can be a transformative, strong-minded leader such as Lee Kuan Yew, a loving humanitarian Mother Teresa, neither can everyone be a humorous comedian like Robin Williams.

My point is.... I don't know the response of my nature falls within sympathy, empathy or compassion. But I do believe every single one of us are able to 'connect' or 'attract' certain groups of people. Eventually if that is one of God's callings to you to reach out to them, or if you do not have any faith and believe you are just made this way, you'll just naturally act according to the situation.

Yep. I've come to the end of my sudden surge of thoughts.

As much as I really want to give all the love to those whom I feel that are caught with a sense of emptiness deep within which causes them to translate their behaviours and lives in different manners they might or might not have wanted to, I am keeping them in my prayers whenever I can.

I am no saint and am no way close to that. However God, if it is your will, as hard or easy it may be for me, show me and give me the capacity to how I can touch their lives even if means a little. A little, is enough to start.

Have a greeaaattt Valentines' week ahead whoever who chanced upon this post! XX