Saturday, June 17, 2017

17 June 2017 — Turning 23 &.... ENGAGED

So sweet of my dearest friends to countdown with me into my birthday at ORTO hahahaha. Thanks to the ongoing HITCH6 promotion that all of us got a ride back home at 2amish at really affordable (or even free) price.

The tough part of the day was I guess waking up for my interview at 10.30am.. I didn't have problems waking up but whenever I have an 'upcoming event' of the day (eg. camps, interview, overseas trips) I will just never be able to enter deep sleep. Anyone who suffers the same as me? I guess the brain automatically loads the event of the day in subconsciously (?) making it so active even before morning 😭

The interview went relatively ok.. But blablabla fast forward, I just couldn't bring myself to accept the job because it requires me to work alternate Saturdays and I haven't really explored my options/gone for any other interviews?? Haiz it's a really Welcome 2 Adulthood phase. The interview was at Senoko which was super factory-ish so it took me quite a walk before reaching a bus stop to get a bus back to Yishun.

Got home to change and 'hurried' out to meet the girls for lunch! Pasta at Modesto's Elizabeth Hotel which was..... very meh. Considering we had 30% off from Eatigo, the price was still rather steep especially for the food quality. Bleh highly not recommended. But it was so sweet of the girls to already plan an after-lunch place to head over! Once again, we Grab-ed over to fancy Boufe boutique cafe. Rather surprised that it closes as early as 5pm that day.

17/06
Our mehhhh pasta meal. But Kirene claimed that she loved her seafood stew though.

17/06

17/06
Beautiful food comes with beautiful price, with not so beautiful impact to the wallet

Untitled

Untitled
Thought that birthday cakes isn't that much of 'a thing' anymore but the girls still surprised me with one. It was a surprise with the help of Vanvan stating that she was craving for another round of truffle fries 😂 Vanvan you're so cute really

Then again, we took another Grab car to our next destination LOL. Almost all of us nap like a baby in the short 15 minutes car ride. Errrr we went over to Esplanade library, to charge phone (????), but to no avail. I think there might just be a need to bring extra portable chargers just for friends who are constantly running out of battery. Sat along the river and finally proceeded to take yet another Grab to Grand Copthorne Waterfront for Chloe and Marvin's wedding dinner. (Marking a total of 4 Grab rides for the day)

Untitled
Mono series return (as usual Kirene directs and photographs)

The view from the ballroom was pretty!! Rovson and Nelson were the emcees for the night which made them really nervous for the night. Never remembered Rovson as a person who could speak on stage hahahaha. I must say for the sake of looking normal and not red-like-i-am-very-drunk-just-because-of-a-glass-of-alcohol, I did not drink throughout the wedding ceremony until the very end when I had half a small glass of wine. 

After majority of the guests left, some of them managed to grab a few bottles of wine to bring to the bride and groom's suite for after-wedding party. Well, when we reached the 27th floor and exited the lift, I heard my name being called and asked to move to the front of the hotel room as I was just using my phone behind everyone else. 

Lo and behold, I saw Briano (holding a birthday cake), Evelyn and Meiting first followed by the rest of Rovson's close friends and the girls whom I spent the day with few hours ago. My first response was "Omg this is people's wedding leh!" (in Mandarin). My first thought was why were they using the bride and groom's room to give me a birthday surprise. I managed to get a better look into the room and it was really beautifully decorated, but I still thought it was part of the bride and groom post-wedding room's decoration. Ohhhhh how naive I was LOLOLOLZZ I feel stupid just thinking about it. How is it possible the decorations for newly wed room be extensive to that point of having fairy lights and balloons now that I think of it .... .... 😰😏😒

Untitled

Even after singing the birthday song and taking a few pictures, I only got an understanding of the situation when I was prompted to walk to the middle of the room and saw Rovson standing there with a guitar. I don't think my mind fully grasp on what was really gonna happen, the proposal (!!!!!!). SHOCK beyond words. I think my heart stopped beating so many times. 😱

He was so brave to sing in front of almost 20 people and sang so well considering he drank quite a number of glasses of wine and beer IMO. I guess I would have cried if it was just the two of us, or if I wasn't so shock. Crazy, crazy, crazy wave of overwhelming emotion within that I don't remember feeling before. In the positive light of course! It was also why I said 'yessssss' so slowly when Rovson popped the question 😂

Untitled

The rest of the night was almost 20-30 minutes straight of phototaking and just sitting around. I conclude that the hotel room's aircon was really malfunctioning lol. We went over Chloe and Marvin room to have a toast with the rest of our Mandoo peeps before finally ending the night at about 4am. It is really funny that no matter what I could bring myself to wake up earlier for breakfast the next day, which I did together with Linda the next morning 😂

It's so crazy learning about the truth of all the preparing and coordinating that went on prior to the entire proposal. Thank you Winnie, Jinghui, Mingzhen and Mingwei for doing up the beautiful decorations!! Briano, Evelyn and Meiting for the birthday cake! Jon for taking video of the process! Linda (my super effort photographer), Angel, Vanessa, Kirene, Yunling (n u JR) for the beautiful DIY board and polaroid pictures! Rayner, Alvin, Yonglong, Eric, Yonghe, Chloe, Marvin, Tingmei, Nellie, Nelson, Vivian, Yuanyee, Aloy for being there and helping out in other ways I didn't get to know of! XIE XIE XIE XIE NI THANK U THANK U THANK U :''''')

Mooooost of all, thank you my... fiancé! 😢  I was still upset with him earlier when he kinda 'forgotten' about the time and didn't wish me as quickly as I thought he would for my birthday. When he said he will make it up to me, I was still thinking 'how are you ever gonna make it up to me'. Such an unforgiving and unloving girlfriend I was. I swallowed and 💩 out my words!!! Back then last year when I held out my hands to you at ORTO asking you "so when are you going to ask me?", and then telling you again that I've thought it through and 2018 might be a better timing since 2017 does seem too early. That's why the shock level was doubled 😂  I will never be able to appreciate and thank you enough for going the extra, extra mile for me. Thank you for loving me for who I am...... I love youuuuuuuuuuuuuu babe 💋💋💋