Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Happy Birthday Dear Rov!

Told Rovson that I still do blog on certain events and I would be blogging about his birthday so I better do it to keep my spoken word and for keepsake since my memory is still fresh.

Does anyone finds it a challenge to recall your day event which was just one day before?? Personally when people casually ask how was my week or what have I been up to, I have to take a long pause to search through my memory or look at the recent photos taken with my phone to recap. Talk about living in the moment errrr lol.

Headed to JB to start the special 24th April but before that, we managed to make a trip down to Boost to claim one free cup of Boost as part of Boost birthday promotion for their card members. You are special in the eyes of the business world and part of their marketing plan for that one day. Never ever let any of your birthday perks go to waste guys.

There’s just something about the journey to JB and it’s that if you don’t find yourself stuck in one of the jams - sg / msia custom queue, bus queue etc, you’ll find yourself stuck in another. So if one goes smoothly, expect the next part to bring you a little surprise that will take extra 20 minutes of your waiting time. Still, you just gotta be wise on your timing when travelling to Johor Bahru cos every hour makes a big difference.

Rov turns 26
lololol

Rov turns 26
Can't wait!!!

We bought tickets for RAMPAGE at 1.15pm before having lunch of Old Town Coffee. Everything was just so crazy cheap and affordable. Each movie ticket before 2pm is 10 ringgit = SGD$3.40. Crazy. Even the cheapest senior citizen movie tickets in Singapore is at least S$4. Our 2 set lunch meal at Old Town Coffee totalled to $30.50 ringgit, S$5 per person? Crazy. Ok but the price of the nachos was more expensive than our movie. 14 ringgit. Lololol

The movie was wholesome and good IMO. At least for most movies that Dwayne Johnson stars in wouldn’t disappoint because of his good acting skills and he hasn’t participated in any movie that has horrible movie plot.

Rov turns 26

Rov turns 26
$5 Old Town Set Meals

Took a GrabCar down to Plaza Sentosa to get a massage (Rovson) and we toured the salons around the vincity to check out the price for hair dye before settling for RED’S SALON. They quoted $168 ringgit for my hair length. Got my hair dyed dark brown and ahhhhhhhhh...... ok let me try keep my rant short.

The main Chinese stylist of the salon extra quoted that I can take up a treatment that would cost 100 ringgit if I want. And the other Malay stylist took over in the colour selection and dyeing process. The other Malay stylist assumed that it was a done deal that I want the treatment cos she probably heard the chinese stylist mentioned the word TREATMENT and I went ahead with their salon for their service. She did mention about some scalp and olive oil thing and hair dye before proceeding. I was ???? What scalp and whatever? Please cancel those extra scalp step that I have to pay for. which she did. Errrr but how would I have known the first white substance that she applied for me was the chargeable treatment which I did NOT agree to?????

I only knew that at the end when I was settling the bill. All in all - damn pissed.

GST was excluded in the amount they quoted - which once again, wasn’t communicated at the beginning. Ok just not gonna patronise the salon ever again. All the miscomm (errrr) or upselling that I adamant not to take up other than my main intention of just dyeing my hair brown frustrates me. Sorry it’s still a long rant. Just never going back there ever again.

#1 Life lesson of the day: MAKE SURE YOU AND THE STYLIST COME TO A MUTUAL AGREEMENT (voice/video record if you need to) ON THE FINAL PRICE BEFORE THEY LAY HANDS ON YOUR HAIR. DISAGREE AND GIVE AN OUTRIGHT NO TO ANY TOP-UPS THAT YOU DO NOT WANT EVEN HOW BENEFICIAL IT SOUNDS.

Rov turns 26
The only few nice part of my salon experience at RED'S SALON lol

By the time I'm done, it was already 7.45pmish. Had dinner at one of the 'coffeeshop' right opposite Plaza Sentosa. Hmm I've forgotten to take a picture of its signboard lol ok but definitely there's picture of the food. 2nd visit. Good and cheap! Yay waiting to go with other friends the next time~~

Rov turns 26

Rov turns 26
yassssss

The day ended with another another life lesson learnt. The rate for changing $50 SGD to RM was 2.90 instead of the current 2.94. So assuming that it will be 2.94 if we changed SGD $100, I dug for another $50, all in $10 and $5 notes totalling up to $100 = we still got the lower 2.90 rate. LOL. The money changer gave us a sheepish look when we asked why it was just 2.90. COS IF YOU ARE GONNA GIVE THEM SMALL DENOMINATIONS (BELOW 50 DOLLAR NOTE), YOU WILL STILL GET THE LOUSIER RATE. Ok #2 life lesson learnt.

#2 Life Lesson of the Day: CHANGE YOUR MONEY IN BIG DENOMINATIONS (50 DOLLARS AND ABOVE OR ASK AND READ THEIR DEFINITION OF THE MINIMUM DENOMINATION) IF YOU WANT TO GET THE BEST RATE.

Sorry Rovson, this blog post should be about your birthday now it ended up as a life lesson series.

There wasn't any jam at all throughout our journey from JB back to Singapore when we left City Square at 10pm~~~~ Cherish such jam-less moment because it is very hard to come by.

Rovson is such a person of simplicity that even on his birthday he's so easygoing with whatever plans it may be. So easygoing that he hardly has any preference. Even if he has, he doesn't forcefully express them. He is totally fine when plans do not go the way he preferred while I am the one going crazy. One of the most patient man alive. He's a gem. Sure he has his shortcomings, but his strengths and goodness definitely outweigh them sososo much more. Thank you God for bringing this beautiful soul down to Earth so people around can see goodness in your creations.

Rov turns 26